Tuesday, October 19, 2010

¡27 charcos!

a herd of blancos fording a river in search of adventure
Remember my blog post from about a month ago about the Perfect Day? Well, Perfect Day #1 had some serious competition last Friday. I've been meaning to blog about it because it was incredible, but then I read my friend Katy's blog entry on it and knew I couldn't top it.  So this is exceptionally lame of me, but instead of writing my own blog entry, I'm just going to post the link to Katy's blog entry on 27 charcos. But to make up for my laziness, I'll post a few pictures (muchísimas gracias to my friend Aaron for documenting our trip with his waterproof camera).

Getting up the cascaditas was a bit of a challenge at times. Lucky for us there were rather strapping young men available to give us a hand.
my jump into the first of the 27 charcos

Not gonna lie, I was a little tempted to skip this one, but fortunately I allowed one of the aforementioned handsome guides to pressure me into jumping.

about to slide down a waterfall after Stephanie, a Dominican friend who came along
After slipping, sliding and jumping through the falls for 3 hours, we're very happy and very hungry. Rice and beans, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. jealouuuuus!!!!! AND GO TO PUERTO RICO btw. I forgot to mention that.
    And eat their plantain things. I forget what they're called but they're SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I seriously love plantains. They eat them a couple different ways here. One way is fried and they're called tostones, was that what you ate?

    I'm trying to plan a trip to Puerto Rico in December! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete